Sunday, January 15, 2012

How I got out of my AT&T iPhone contract without paying the ETF

The AT&T customer service employee nicely explained that I still had about seven months left in the two year contract and that I would have to pay a fee of about $200 dollars for early termination. I was aware of the Early Termination Fee (ETF) and was willing to pay. However, the rep said, I would avoid paying the fee if I could find someone else to take over the remaining contract payments. That is great, let me find a willing partner and I will call you back, I said, thank you so much.

I placed this ad on craigslist for an iPhone unlimited data plan contract and within 24 hours I had a buyer. I called AT&T, they conferenced in the new account owner-to-be, and within five minutes the deal was done. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment